STEPCRAFT-2/D.600 Desktop System Self-Assembly KIT
The STEPCRAFT-2 D.600 is the perfect machine for anyone who needs more work area but might not have the bench space for the D.840. The D.600’s work area of 23.6″ x 16.5″ is more than enough room for many hobbyists, woodworkers, crafters and more. It might be a little large for the average desk, but it will be right at home in the workshop or family room. As with all STEPCRAFT machines, you have the ability to quickly interchange attachments so you can go from milling to 3D printing to laser engraving, engraving to craft cutting and much more in seconds. STEPCRAFT is the MOST UNIVERSAL machine on the market with a very competitive price. STEPCRAFT machines feature true German design, innovation, precision and craftsmanship.
Using the STEPCRAFT EasyBuild manual, the construction kit can be assembled within only a few hours and requires no special skills such as cutting or soldering. The step-by-step manual contains almost no text and uses full-color graphics and easily understandable illustrations. Additionally, we have a full online video training course that will walk you though each step of the assembly process. Assembling the STEPCRAFT D-Series yourself not only saves you money but you will know your machine in-detail afterwards, making it easier for you perform maintenance and adjustments when needed.
NOTE: The machine DOES NOT INCLUDE a spindle, CAD/CAM software or other accessories. It comes with everything you need to build the base machine as well as UCCNC machine control software. All other options, software and accessories are available on the website.
- Turn your ideas into machined products in no time
- Stable, compact, accurate and fast
- Many accessories and add-on tools available
- Works with a large variety of materials, including woods, plastics and non-ferrous metals (aluminum, brass, copper)
- The kit is fast and easy to assembly (no special tools or skills required)
- Also available as Ready-to-Run (for an additional charge)
- Strong, rigid construction
- Highly accurate, thanks to high quality, precision components that are matched and test fit at the factory.
- Compact and space-saving machine design
- Easy USB connection to PC
- STEPCRAFT designed and manufactured the custom aluminum extrusions that provide superior torsional rigidity and functionality
- Connecting elements made of stainless steel and aluminum
- 8-point ball bearing carriage on all axles/linear profiles
- 4 track roller guidance
- Stepper motors from Nanotec®
- High-precision lead screws from Switzerland
- Play-free movement of the carriages (continuous adjustability, freely accessible externally without disassembly)
- Maximum working speed of 3000 mm/min (50mm/sec)
- Inspection covers on the Y-axis for easy maintenance and care
- Silicone seals used to protect the mechanism from dirt on the Y-axis
- Worktop made of wear-resistant HPL (similar to Formica- countertop material), optional aluminum T-slot table
- Quick-change system allows you to switch from one application to the next in seconds
- Integrated workpiece clamping system for plate materials with a thickness of up to 15mm
- Flexible tool holder through Ø 43 mm clamping collar, optional adapters available for Dremel, Proxxon, Dewalt DW611, and Bosch Colt
- Integrated control electronics in the machine housing. Only requires a power supply cable and USB cable to the computer – no wiring clutter.
- Modular control electronics with standard USB port. Parallel port and 4-axis are optional
- Compact size on many models – perfect for the desktop or workbench
- EasyBuild construction manual uses pictures for detailed step-by-step assembly of the CNC-/3D-Desktop System
- Can be assembled in a few hours
- Our control software has been specifically designed to be easy for the novice, but to have all the functionality for the professional user
- Compatible with a variety of NC control software including UCCNC (Included with each machine), WinPC-NC, LinuxCNC and Mach 3/4
- Engineered and Manufactured in Germany with Support, Parts and Service in Connecticut, USA.