Automatic Tool Changer (ATC) for MM-1000, AMB/Kress Spindles
Automatic Tool Changer for MM-1000/AMB/Kress Spindles
With the Automatic Tool Changer for the STEPCRAFT MM-1000 spindle a time consuming manual exchange of tools is no longer required. After once defining the parameters in the machine control software, the magazine is approached automatically. With the use of compressed air, a tool is returned or a new one collected. The supplied magazine can hold up to six tools and is optionally extendable for up to twelve.
The Tool Changer for the MM-1000 comes with the Switch-Box.
*If you would like to use your Laser Engraving Head DL445 with the Switch Box also, then you MUST purchase the 2nd Layer module add-on to enable it's connectivity and switch it on/off with the Box.
Tool holders with appropriate ER11 collets have to be purchased separately as well as the Switchable Socket which is needed for operating the device.
NOTE: You MUST purchase the REMOTE SWITCHABLE POWER CONTROLLER and have a TOOL LENGTH SENSOR in order for the Tool Changer to work. This will electronically interface the MM-1000 with the Stepcraft, turning the power off on it during tool changes and turning it back on when the tool change is complete.
The REMOTE SWITCHABLE POWER CONTROLLER is NOT required if you are using the new MM-1000DI digital spindle.
You will also need 120-125 PSI of compressed air.
- Tool Holders and Collets are NOT included: Please order those here: TOOL HOLDERS and ER11 COLLETS
- NOTE as of 11-1-20 - A single tool holder (SK15 with Nut) will be included with the ATC, however ER11 collets are sold separately
- Double ball bearing (sealed)
- Suitable for speeds up to 30.000 RPM
- Operating pressure: 8 bar (115psi)
- Shaft diameter: 43 mm
- Diameter: 56 mm
- Length (without tool holder): 100 mm
- Weight: 585 g
Scope of Delivery:
- 1x Tool Changer
- 1x Magazine to hold up to 6 tools
- 1x SK15 Tool holder (additional tools holder sold separately)