Amana Tool 46490 Extra Long CNC 2D and 3D Carving Ball Nose 0.10 Deg Straight Angle x 1/4 Dia
Amana Tool Extra Long 1/4" Carving Ball Nose
These router bits are made with an extra-long reduced shank section for deeper reach and better chip clearance. Amana Tool®'s Modern Materials Finishing Geometry (MMFG) incorporates high shear, multi-flute and ZrN coating designed for the ultimate combination of finish and tool longevity in aerospace materials. Modern-day materials present challenges to the fabricator, using these special multi-flute edge tools featuring ZrN ceramic coating addresses these challenges with a winning geometry combination. The simultaneous 3 axis motion with the appropriate software allows full 3D capability that provides sign and 3D model makers the ability to work with any material.
Tools are manufactured with high balance that allows them to run up to 60,000 RPMs. Adjust your chip load and feed rate accordingly.
Benefits of Zirconium Nitride (ZrN) Coating
- Creates a harder and tougher cutting edge allows for a prolonged cutting edge life and helps to prevent the build-up of material in the flutes while cutting
- Have the tendency to run/spin much faster than an uncoated tool
- Optimized flute geometry and low Total Indicated Runout (TIR) guarantees clean cuts, essentially eliminates sanding and reduces chatter (where the machine or work piece vibrates) under high chip loads (when used with low TIR spindles)
- High flute volume supports high feed rates and chip loads
- High aspect ratio for single pass deep-reach cutting
- Flute geometry optimized for cutting sign foam, sign board, hardwoods, thermoplastics and phenolic composites
Milling Plastics:In a milling application, all plastics tend to behave differently so attention must be paid first and foremost to heat input, as that greatly impacts surface finish and chip control.Suggested starting spindle speed might be 18,000 RPM, there needs to be some experimenting on the part of the programmer to best find an acceptable finish.
- A perfect bit for 3D carving
- Precision 2D and 3D large scale carving
- Great for deep profiling
- Dimensional signage
- 3D millwork
- 2D and 3D contouring, profiling, modeling and pattern making for cabinetry, sign making, furniture making and jewelry mold making
- Perfect for model-makers on large 3D milling profiles in abrasive EPS foam and other materials
Excellent for cutting: